SQS011: The Great American Beer Festival
* In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please read my disclosure here.*
It’s almost that time again when hordes of beer-loving fans descend on the Colorado Convention Center located in Downtown Denver. The Big Blue Beer will have a bird’s eye view on all of the beer drinking shenanigans that will ensue. We love to have fun in Dtown!
I decided to enlist the aid of a couple of friends who love beer and have attended the festival. I learned a lot about how the Great American Beer Festival runs and believe this episode will be super helpful to you!
The Great American Beer Festival
Before you go-don’t forget to download the LYFT app in case you don’t have a designated driver. This is my affiliate link btw.
We get the male perspective of this event.
- I admit my dirty secret
- There are men EVERYWHERE during this week.
- Tons of external events as well
- Libraries are getting in on the action
- Thousands of beers, and hundreds of brewers
- Don’t freak about the lines.
- How to avoid getting sloppy
- Use the GABF free app to create a plan
- Bring an empty plastic water bottle.
- Eat before you go.
- The infamous pretzel necklace.
- The Volunteer Strategy (yep, it’s probably too late for this year)
- Tim from Go With Less
We get the female perspective of this event.
- Use the free app!!
- Mindy’s top tip
- We talk session duration-I had no idea
- Ladies don’t wait!
- We discuss Colorado’s ridiculous plethora of beer-related opportunities and events.
- Hops and Brews
- Canned Aid
- Eat before you arrive
- Pretzel Necklace
- Fond memories of the Peanut Butter Porter from Florida and Lawson’s “Sip of Sunshine” IPA from Vermont
- Out of town guests bring:
- The Designated Driver experience
- We discuss the lines.
- Mindy reminisces about another awesome beer 3Floyds in Indiana. Super popular. Just a head’s up.
- Dress up!
Sign up today to receive your free 18 page Guide to Moving to Colorado! Receive weekly updates on all things Colorado via the newsletter and Square State-my newly launched podcast where we talk about all things Colorado!